15.8.08

Wetter Voraussage

This is lovely:

Total mean temperature: 9,7°C
Days with highs above 25°C: 42
Days with highs above 30°C: 6
Days with lows below 0°C: 59
Total sunshine hours: 1,544
Total precipitation: 612mm
Days with precipitation: 204

Göttingen has turned into a refrigerator recently. Sadly, I think our
6 days of 30+ weather are passed now, but we're due more 25+, thank
goodness. FYI there should, in theory, be some 4380 hours of sunshine
when there are no clouds at all. So essentially, we get about 1/3 of
our due sunshine here. I wonder if that is better than Nashville?
Remember this spring's rainy Tuesday-Thursdays? I never had dry shoes
when I arrived in Wilson... stupid weather.

Also, I'm really skeptical about this winter thing. I don't think I've
ever spent more than a week somewhere with consistent lows under 0.
Fortunately, I discovered I can get a gym membership on the cheap at
the University here and it would be essentially on my walking path to
work. So perhaps I won't be getting too fat this winter with no biking
(isn't it ironic that people used to fatten up in summer to overwinter
whereas now it's often the opposite? or maybe humans have never really
done the hibernation thing.)

It better snow a lot this winter.. Supposedly they only get 1-2 snows
here, despite the cold weather. I'm going to be very sad if that is
the case. I also want to go ice skating on the lake here, so it better
freeze over.

No comments: