4.8.08

Deppoldshausen

Deppoldshausen is a tiny tiny village on the very top of the hills to the north east of Göttingen. It basically consists of 3-4 houses and a big, fort-like building that holds some more rooms and a barn. The entire place is surrounded by fields and pasture and feels like it could be from the 1500s.

The entire place is very quaint and feels like stepping back in time. I suppose the people here farm the surrounding land and make most of their own food. I didn't see cows, but I can't imagine going down to town every day for milk..

The fort-building is starting to fall apart, but the houses have been recently renovated to incorporate modern conveniences.

The view from the top of the hills across the valleys to the north. It was a really pretty day (Sunday) but the clouds became threatening at times.

No comments: