I'm not even going to try to make up for the past several months of sloth; it would just make me overwhelmed. But if I have some time, maybe I can incorporate things as I go.)
![]() |
| From Deutschland Panoramas |
Firstly, Happy New Year! As you can see from above, it's snowy and beautiful here now that winter has arrived in full (compare with previous photo from late summer). When I left for France before Christmas, it was still above freezing and grey and unpleasant, but now the entire valley has turned into a winter-wonderland: snow on all the fields, streams and ponds covered in ice thick enough to walk on (see below), clear skies at night, and it hasn't been above freezing in a week (and probably won't be for a month or so!). This is definitely a different Germany than the one I left two weeks ago.
| From Januar im Deutschland |
| From Januar im Deutschland |
The ice here isn't quite thick enough for complete safety, but there have already been people skating on the Kiessee, and I think it'll be ready before I leave for Korea. As you can see, I've been adventuring already...
And yes, I am wearing the violent yellow jacket.

2 comments:
"Violently yellow" made me laugh aloud. We have a bare little bit of snow in Regensburg today, but there was absolutely none for Christmas and New Year's. Eine kleine Enttäuschung! But that's alright, we've had other pretty snow days, at least. Hopefully it'll snow some more, since I haven't gotten sick of it yet.
By the way, I recommend shooting for weekly blog goals (a few a week or something). Daily gets to be difficult, and sometimes discouragingly daunting :D .
Post a Comment